Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Faith and Doubt - Communication


The idea of communication with God is something that I have always had some questions about.  I understand the use of prayer as our means to communicate with God.  I also was taught that God communicates to us through his word the Bible.  In addition, I know there are those that believe God communicates directly with them through dreams and visions.  I never seemed to have that experience.  Then there are those that say God speaks to their heart in some feeling kind of way.  For example when faced with a decision to move to either California or New York, people will say the Lord led me to New York.  Over my 28 years as a Christian, I never could get the firm "leading" that would direct me any more than the way I was leaning based on my own preference.
The largest question that I have is why doesn't God want to communicate with us overtly.  It has been 2000 years since Jesus' time on Earth.  Two thousand years since the events recorded in the Bible took place.  Why can't or hasn't there been any communication since.  Two thousand years on the human scale is a long time.  What form or manner such communication would take, I have no idea.  Humans are sociable beings and desire to communicate.  The telephone, television, and the internet are all popular because they allow us to communicate.    Of coarse, communication seems to me to allow for clarity and better understanding.  I know the human race right now needs more understanding and clarity.  What is so bad about that?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment